Due to the situation in Ukraine for last few months, destinations to Kiev becomes more and more popular. Maybe, it’s not so popular as for an excursions, but now the information of the capital of Ukraine leak out all over the world.
I read a lot of different information about “how foreigners imagine Ukraine” and a lot of this information can be true on the one or another hand.
- Only a few people in Ukraine can speak English. – It’s true for whole country, but in Kiev each third person can speak English.
- Staff in metro, trains or airport are not so friendly as in other European countries. – It’s true. In my opinion the main reason of this is low salaries of all that people and our mindset.
- High prices for flat renting and hotels. (especially in Kiev) – It’s true. And no one know the reason of this.
- As different foreigners which live in Ukraine say, “Ukrainians still live in the past. Sorry to admit it, but all racist habits show that Ukraine is still not matured to the European countries.” – It’s sad, but true. In Kyiv, people are very polite, so racism will be not so popular as in another smaller towns.
- Ukrainian girls are very beautiful. – It’s also true. But huge amount of foreigners think that ukrainian women are blonde, wearing heels and braiding tresses (so looks like Timoshenko), but it’s not really so, all women are different as in each country. We all have different characters, life goals, mindset and appearance.
So the better way to know about Ukraine is to visit it by yourself and make your own decision about it. And small picture for melting myths about Ukraine.